My job in Westminster is to speak up for my constituents in the House of Commons, to scrutinise laws and to attend Parliamentary debates and committees.
I also have a role locally, supporting local people and community groups, raising and publicising local issues.
I can provide advice on certain matters (not on legal matters or immigration issues) and I can make representations on constituent’s behalf. I am not in charge of Chesterfield Borough Council or Derbyshire County Council and I am unable to overrule decisions that have been made but I can gain clarity on decisions and challenge agencies when processes have not been followed correctly.
As your local MP, I can help constituents on a range of issues; such as NHS health services – like hospitals and doctors, tax and national insurance, benefits, pensions and immigration.
Unfortunately, there are some things I am unable to do:
- I cannot interfere with decisions made by the courts.
- I cannot help with legal matters.
- There are many issues which are the responsibility of Chesterfield Borough Council and Derbyshire County Council , such as council tax, bin collections, housing issues, social services, schools and roads and paths. I am able to make representations on your behalf but it may be that your local councillor is better placed to assist in the first instance.
- Your can find your Chesterfield Borough Councillor here
- You can find your Derbyshire County Councillor here
Below are the links to other useful agencies in Chesterfield who you may wish to contact regarding certain issues